1) Sleep & wake up at a fixed time daily. Sleep well enough to feel fresh when you wake up. Very crucial for hormonal balance & weight loss.
2) Have plenty of fruits & vegetables- cooked or as salads, juices; sprouts, nuts, dry fruits & seeds. You can also enjoy fruit juices, smoothies in moderation.
3) Start your day with plenty of fresh fruits. Have as much as you want.
4) Divide your food intake in 5 to 6 small meals instead of 3 meals a day. To be able to do this, you need to plan your meals a day in advance.
5) To lose more weight, keep your portion sizes small. This is very important.
6) Eat every 3 hrs. Plan your meals in advance. Also have back up options ready. Do not exceed your calorie intake for any meal (VERY crucial)
7) Snack only on nutrient dense foods like cocnut water, flavored green tea, fruits, yoghurt, salads, soy milk, eggs, sprouts & nuts
8) Have a variety of whole grains like wheat, bajra, jowar, nachni, rice & pulses like moong, matki , toovar dal, mung dal ec.
9) Minimize junk foods & refined foods.
10) The ideal time for dinner is before sunset. However,to make is realistic,have dinner by 8pm/ Sunset. Respect your biological clock. Eating late at night can undo all your efforts taken to shed excess baggage.
11) Exercise at least 5 to 6 days a week. Start with an exercise program that you enjoy. This is non-negotiable.To start with, a brisk walk for 45 mins to 1 hour is also good.
12) Eat in controlled portions. Remember, overeating is THE main reason behind weight gain. Remember, while calories are not the only thing about food that counts, as far as weight loss is concerned, you just cant escape the LAW of thermodynamics. You lose weight only when your body is in a CALORIE DEFICIT! [More about this in next post 🙂